|Appointment: ||By appointment only: **NEW** Online appointment system is now available! Simply find the event table below, click on the event that you'd like to attend, and follow the prompt! (Links will be provided 2 months in advance.) |
Please make an appointment at least 24 hours prior to the collection event. Once the appointment request is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation with the address of the collection event. Events have a limit of 80 appointments.
|Contact:||Office: (707) 795-2025|
Toll-free: (877) 747-1870 option 3
Text: (707) 364-6927.
Phone line staffed M-F from 8am to 2:30pm or leave a message with your name and phone number.
|Event hours: ||Tuesdays 4P-8P |
|Location: ||Visit our calendar for a full schedule of HHW Collection Events. The locations for the events vary and the specific site and address will be announced after you make your appointment. |
|Fees: ||No fees for Sonoma County residents. |
|Transportation & packing: || |
- State transportation laws limit each vehicle to a maximum of 15 gallons of liquid (with a maximum of 5 gallons per container) or 125 pounds of solid material
- Never mix chemicals
- Place in sealed containers in the trunk, packed to prevent spills
- Sharps/needles must be in a sealed and labeled approved container.
|Not accepted: |
- Explosives or ammunition
- Radioactive materials
- Biological wastes (except syringes)
- Controlled substances
For the safety of our staff, follow COVID-19 rules at collection events:
1. Remain in vehicle at all times. Crack window in order to talk to collection event staff.
2. Place materials in trunk of car, not on seats.
3. Everyone in vehicle must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.