HHW Collection Events for Businesses

Services are available for businesses that qualify as Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators per regulations (CCR Title 22 §66260.10), which are businesses that generate 100 kilograms (27 gallons liquid or 220 pounds solid) or less of hazardous waste per month. The Agency offers two options: the Household Hazardous Waste Facility and HHW Collection Events.

For a full list of event locations, visit our calendar.

Collections Process

Every week there is a HHW collection event somewhere in Sonoma County.

Appointment: Appointment required. To make an appointment, download the following forms and fax to (707) 795-2071 or email toxicsdisposal@cleanharbors.com and attach the completed questionnaire and inventory forms. If you have any questions, please call (707) 795-2025, option 2/ (877) 747-1870. Appointment line staffed M-F from 8am to 2:30pm or leave a message.

Event Hours: Tuesdays 4pm-8pm

Forms & fees: Paperwork required. $25 processing fee plus disposal fees based on type and quantity of waste. Download forms here:

Required: Obtain a California EPA ID Number

State law requires hazardous waste generators to have an EPA Identification Number. All participants of the Business Hazardous Waste Program MUST HAVE an EPA Identification Number to transport hazardous waste to a Community HHW Collection Events for disposal. If all you have is latex paint and/or Universal Waste (Fluorescent tubes/bulbs and other mercury-containing lamps, household batteries, rechargeable batteries, button batteries, thermostats, thermometers, non-empty aerosol cans) you do not need an EPA ID number.

Types of EPA ID Numbers:

  • California Permanent ID Numbers
    Businesses that generate waste on an ongoing basis must have a permanent ID, you must complete the required application, DTSC Form 1358. There is no fee to obtain a permanent ID number. It will take approximately 3 to 5 business days to process your application. Remember, if 5 or more tons of hazardous waste will be generated in a calendar year on your permanent ID number, generator fees may be due. Go to the Board of Equalization website
  • California Temporary ID Numbers
    Temporary ID numbers (90-day numbers) are issued to people or businesses that do not generate hazardous waste on an ongoing basis. Temporary ID numbers must now be obtained online. DTSC no longer issues temporary ID numbers by phone, only online to apply for a temporary ID number. There is no fee to obtain a temporary ID number. If you have any questions, please contact DTSC at (800) 618-6942. When you hear the recorded message, press 1 and then 3 to speak to staff. Remember if 5 or more tons of hazardous waste will be generated in a calendar year on a temporary ID number, generator fees apply. Go to the Board of Equalization website


Recycling Guide HHW Disposal Page (PDF: 372 kB)

Despojo de productos tóxicos del hogar (PDF: 425 kB)

HHW Facility brochure / Folleto de lugar donde llevar productos tóxicos del hogar (PDF: 4.49 MB)

HazMobile events for northern Sonoma County (PDF: 15 KB)

Common questions and answers

Q. What is the process?
A. 1. Download Business Hazardous Waste Disposal Forms from this website.
2. Obtain an EPA Waste ID number (if needed).
3. Submit paperwork by fax or email to receive an appointment and pricing information.

Q. Will this program meet the disposal requirements of regulating agencies?
A. You will receive a receipt of disposal for your records that will satisfy regulatory disposal requirements. Receipts and all records should be kept for a minimum of three years.

Q. If my business generates more than 100 kilograms of one type of waste, but I have only 1 gallon of something else that my regular hauler won’t accept, can I bring it to this program?
A. You must generate less than 100 kilograms of all hazardous wastes to qualify to use this program.

Q. Does using this program mean my business will be inspected for hazardous waste?
A. The Sonoma County Waste Management Agency is not a regulatory agency.

Q. Who are the regulatory agencies for my business?
A. Contact the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) for your area:

Healdsburg (707) 431-3360
Santa Rosa (707) 543-3500
Petaluma (707) 778-4390
All other areas (707) 565-1152


January 2020

07 - Sebastopol
14 - Santa Rosa, E
21 - Cloverdale
28 - Sonoma
February 2020

04 - Larkfield
11 - Healdsburg
18 - Rohnert Park
25 - Oakmont
March 2020

03 - Kenwood
10 - Monte Rio
17 - Santa Rosa, W
24 - Windsor
31 - Petaluma
April 2020

07 - Sebastopol
14 - Santa Rosa, E
21 - Sonoma
28 - Cloverdale
May 2020

05 - Guerneville
12 - Larkfield
19 - Cotati
26 - Oakmont
June 2020

02 - Sonoma
09 - Healdsburg
16 - Santa Rosa, W
23 - Bodega Bay
30 - Rohnert Park