Zero Waste Sonoma seeks innovative proposals from independent operators for reusable foodware to reduce waste generated by single-use disposables.
The Agency will entertain project types including but not limited to:
- Implementing reusables for on-site dining and/or takeout at food facilities such as cafés, restaurants, and institutional dining facilities
- Reusable cups, containers and other foodware items for on-site use at events and large gatherings
- Launching or expanding services that facilitate the use of reusables, such as dishwashing services, cup and container rental services, etc.
- Testing reusable solutions in real-world food-service scenarios to evaluate consumer demand and perception, and gather information on financial, operations, and environmental impacts
- Implementing reusable foodware systems operated by third-party vendors who provide, collect, wash, and redistribute the foodware
- Introducing reusable foodware for meal delivery apps and services, and other solutions that reduce the community’s dependence on single-use foodware items
Proposals due February 17, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Back to all RFPs