Zero Waste Sonoma (AGENCY) is seeking proposals for technical assistance for commercial entities in Sonoma County.
The primary objectives of this project are:
- Identify and provide technical assistance to priority Tier I and Tier II Edible Food Generators in Sonoma County who produce the most excess food so that they may understand and comply with SB 1383 food donation requirements. When appropriate, the contractor should also provide technical assistance to generators to increase organics and recycling diversion.
- Identify and provide technical assistance to food and beverage facilities who use the largest amount of disposable food ware in their current operations. The number of facilities identified in each jurisdiction should be proportional to the size of the population of the jurisdictions.
- Provide technical assistance to commercial generators located specifically in the City of Santa Rosa and who are the top waste generators, meaning they generate large amounts of garbage and have disproportionately low recycling or organics service. Assist these high priority waste generators with source reduction, diversion, and education to minimize contamination in the green and blue bins.
- Emphasize and encourage food donation and reusable food ware whenever possible, even if a generator or facility is not required by law or ordinance to do so.
- Integrate an equity lens into all work performed on this project to ensure that generators and facilities owned or operated by historically underrepresented and underserved communities are just as successful in implementing the desired programs.
Proposals are due September 25, 2023, 5:00pm PT.
Back to all RFPs